Thursday, October 16, 2008

New Lula!



About a year ago, I first stumbled on the amazing Lula magazine totally by accident. I was killing time at Barnes & Noble and was completely seduced by the luxurious, dreamy (and admittedly, expensive) publication at first glance. It's everything a magazine should be: chock full of gorgeous and gauzy photography, high fashion, interviews with celebrities and artists who aren't completely overexposed (people like Clémence Poésy and Mia Farrow, and bands like Au Revoir Simone and Beach House), and style to burn (there are often beautifully done collages and drawings featured amongst the articles and fashion spreads).

This is one of my favorite shoots from the last issue, because they remind me so much of the Czech new wave film Daisies:



I picked up the new issue, number 7, as pictured above. Perusing through it is always like slipping into another world. There are interviews with photographer/filmmaker Floria Sigismondi, Zac Posen and Lou Doillon; an article on scrapbooking; and some very autumnal photo spreads that make me really excited about the fall (I confess I wasn't ready to start putting on tights again just YET). There's also an article on a band called Effi Briest. Never heard of them before, but I'm eager to find out!

No comments: